Bulge in wall of Used Outfitter Caribou 8

catdoc2

We're replacing an old Hallmark Ute to go on our 8' bed truck. New ones are beyond what we're willing to spend so hoping to find mid-2000 or newer. We hadn't considered Outfitter before since they don't have 8.5 models, but did look at a Caribou 8 locally this morning. Aside from surprises re: quality of build compared to our current 1994 model, there was a "bulge" to the passenger side of the front window (immediately adjoining the pass through window). It wasn't obvious, but if you ran your hand down the front wall, it was definitely there.

Since we are only replacing our beloved Ute because the roof has failed (our fault or the fault of a previously undisclosed leak I'm not sure) we are specifically looking for structural issues. The Outfitters were appealing because even if there was a leak, in theory, the structure should still be sound elsewhere, no? But then I found this bulge and it has me rethinking the whole thing. Anyone with the aluminum framed campers: could this be a structural bend? The exterior smooth gel coat walls don't have any cracks that we can see, so I want to dimiss it as me being paranoid, but man, that would be an expensive assumption if I'm wrong!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom