Cabinet install

Jamesiam

I am heading down to 4 Wheel in Woodland on December 8th then heading to Collins Lake for the weekend.

I am picking up a few things including the 37 inch extra cabinet that goes above slide out couch. How should I install this to camper, a few sheet metal screws?

I am heading down to 4 Wheel in Woodland on December 8th then heading to Collins Lake for the weekend.

I am picking up a few things including the 37 inch extra cabinet that goes above slide out couch. How should I install this to camper, a few sheet metal screws?

You need to locate where the framing in the walls is to screw this too (I'd assume FWC can help you when you're there), after that some metal screws would be sufficient. FWC used 4 on each end and 4 in the middle of my original full length cabinet in my hawk.

And, you'll probably want to know where the 12 VDC wires are also located, just in case they are up in that part of the frame.

Or, if you have the camper with you maybe they will just do the install for you, right there and then (how hard could it be & how long would it take... for the professionals)?

Thanks guys, I called 4 wheel to get a price quote and have decided to do the install myself. Here come the famous last words "How hard can it be?" Really I should have no problems as long as I tap into the wall framing.

Thanks guys, I called 4 wheel to get a price quote and have decided to do the install myself. Here come the famous last words "How hard can it be?" Really I should have no problems as long as I tap into the wall framing.

When you pick it up just ask Terry or Chicalli for some technical advise on mounting it and you should be good to go....they are very helpful.

Here is what I installed for my extra cabinet.One just sits on the floor the other is screwed into the wood of the slid and the wood of the camper shelf.While you are on your way to FWC why don't you stop at ATC and ask Matry to install it for you.They are always there to help.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 168
Here is what I installed for my extra cabinet.One just sits on the floor the other is screwed into the wood of the slid and the wood of the camper shelf.
Frank

Those dry bins would be great but I’m crammed into a Ranger II, I need every bit of floor space possible.

And, you'll probably want to know where the 12 VDC wires are also located, just in case they are up in that part of the frame.

That's a good idea. I plan doing this install while camping at Collins and that would be my luck, to drill into some wiring. I can see myself laughing insanely about that now.

Back
Top Bottom