Cabresto Lake and Rio Chiquito, NM

Bosque Bill

The second half of my September trip to northern New Mexico has been posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog. There are pretty photos of Cabresto Lake, high in the Taos Mountains, and along the picturesque Rio Chiquito. These areas are in Carson National Forest.

https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2023/10/cabresto-lake-and-rio-chiquito.html

Remember, click on any photo for a larger version.

A winter storm is forecast to hit New Mexico tomorrow. Though we won’t get snow at my elevation the temperature will drop. I’ll spend the afternoon taking my camper off the truck and rolling it into the garage.

But never fear, there is one more adventure to post and it’s a dandy. It will cover the annular eclipse in the Utah canyon country earlier this month, a drive through the Abajo Mountains looking for autumn color, and a surprising stay in Dolores Canyon in Colorado.

Thanks,
Bill

Another wonderful TR Bill. Another one to add to the many wonderful spots you have scouted out for us over the years!

Thanks Bill. have been by that area on the way to other NM areas but will have to stop and visit next time.

We always look forward to another Bosque Bill trip report! They are informative, entertaining and well done! We've not been in this area and very much appreciate seeing it through your report. :)

Thanks again Bill for a wonderful trip report. My sister still lives in Alb and we always look for somewhere to go before or after visiting her. I think I need to go see my sister now!

Taku, ski, oregon, JWL, and Smoke, thanks for taking the time to comment.

JWL said:
Thanks again Bill for a wonderful trip report. My sister still lives in Alb and we always look for somewhere to go before or after visiting her. I think I need to go see my sister now!
Cabresto Lake is certainly more convenient to get to than all the way in to the top of Rio Chiquito if you're time limited.

Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom