Cajita interior built in to the Swift model

Rob85

Advanced Member
For us Toyota Tacoma owners with the five foot bed, we are only limited to the Swift model. At ATC they will install their six foot "Bobcat" model on the five foot bed. But, they do not have all the bells, and whistles I would like to have. Many are thinking, why not buy a bigger truck? My truck is paid for, and I have a kid in college $$$. I have also put many upgrades in to my truck, and I have taken care of it.

So I decided to do some comparing with some of FWC's models from the past, and they once had a model called the Cajita. It is a Spanish word meaning little box. This version did not have the cab over bed. It was 75" wide with a 80" floor length. Now the Swift has the same width but the floor length is ten inches shorter.

What I am getting to is the interior in the Swift is tight when cooking or walking. This is due to the couch on one side and the galley on the other. There is not much walking or turning room. In the Cajita they have moved the sink to the passenger side corner near the door, and have moved the stove closer to the fridge. FWC could even stack the stove on top of the fridge if need be, to make more driver side room. The roll over couch is placed up against the back window, where it rolls over to a bed, and it gives 75" of sleeping length. The Swift couch as it is installed only provides 69" of sleeping room.

In my opinion by moving the couch to the front of the cab in the Swift it will give a person 75", and it opens up the floor area a bit more in my opinion. In conclusion build the Cajita interior in to the Swift model or at least give Swift model owners a second floor plan. I am sure their engineers can figure out some solutions for an additional floor plan.

To see the Cajita model, google Four Wheel Camper Cajita model.

Where are you going to find space for the "bells and whistles" that way?

Honestly there probably aren't many people who want the swift in a different floor plan, but I could be wrong. If I were in the market for a swift, I would like the forward dinette plan (sounds more like what you're after). But it sure wouldn't leave much space for "bells and whistles". I bought a fleet forward dinette with most big options and there isn't much extra space for storage. Take off 10" for the swift, with the same options, and you basically have no storage cabinet on the right, no space under the counter etc.

You could talk to four wheel campers about it but unless they see a market they will say no. They don't do custom work any more. Sounds to me like you need a swift shell model or a custom build from ATC.

Let me clarify what I meant by the "Bells and whistles." I spoke to ATC as well and that was a word they used. Meaning if a person wants hot water, outside shower, and different fabric choices to name a few. I would like to see the forward dinette plan as well. Looking at the width it could be done. I have been in the Fleet with the roll over couch, and in my opinion there isn't much wiggle room. It appears the forward dinette floor plan is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom