Camper gutters

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
In searching some ideas for gutters on the front/side of my camper I found this site gutters.
This seems like a possible solution to keep the moisture rain/dew whatever from dripping down from the top and right onto the truck side window.
Also with the window down the drips come right into the truck.
Has anyone tried this?I remember another member using some strip vinyl as an edge but I think that meant using the screws around the roof edge to hold it on.This gutter material has foam tape that is used to attach it.
Thanks Frank

I installed this product on both sides of the overhang above the truck cab. It works good as long as you don't have a major down pour. It does stop the water from dripping inside a open window. The adhesive strip on the gutter material is alright, make sure your surface is very clean. After the gutter was installed, I used white RTV sealant on the outside edge to make a smooth fit.

fish more said:
I installed this product on both sides of the overhang above the truck cab. It works good as long as you don't have a major down pour. It does stop the water from dripping inside a open window. The adhesive strip on the gutter material is alright, make sure your surface is very clean. After the gutter was installed, I used white RTV sealant on the outside edge to make a smooth fit.
Thanks.What did you do where the little "vents" are?
Frank

Yeah, those drips are super annoying! Don't care how well it works in a rainstorm, just want to stop light rain and dew from dripping on my head.

I assume you can cut the stuff with a sharp knife or razor blade and don't need their fancy cutter tool. Yes?

Bosque Bill said:
Yeah, those drips are super annoying! Don't care how well it works in a rainstorm, just want to stop light rain and dew from dripping on my head.

I assume you can cut the stuff with a sharp knife or razor blade and don't need their fancy cutter tool. Yes?
Bill I saw this gutter material at the local Camper World.Won't get there but yes it cuts with a razor knife.
I will order it from the Essential products,as you can order it in 10',15',25' lengths.
I had plan to get 15' of it so that it will wrap around from the front latch to the back of the cab over.
I still want to see some pictures of it installed.
Frank

Here are photos of Mr. Fishmoore's rig with gutter material placed on top of the roof vs on the side.
Frank

Attachments

• mail_2.jpg
    mail_2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 209
  • mail-1_2.jpg
    mail-1_2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the photos. Very helpful. I have to look into it to prevent the annoying dripping of morning dew.

I love WTW. Always a solution or more for those weird things that pop up... or drip down. It would be great to see more photos of peoples use of these gutters.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom