Camper Weight

dsrtrat

I finally got around to weighing my camper.

I have a ATC Panther and 2007 Chevy 1500. With 15 gallons of water, propane full and my normal load of camping gear,Hi Lift jack, tools,and other junk the camper weighs in at 1020#.
Factory weight is stated at 695 pounds. I figure with the mods I have made and that much gear and liquids onboard 300 pounds additional seems about right.

Dsrtrat

Water alone is 125 lbs. Propane is another 20 lbs. So right there is half of it. Now if you pack like Cort, Dirty Dog, or XPMarc, figure another 125 lbs in beer. ;)

Water alone is 125 lbs. Propane is another 20 lbs. So right there is half of it. Now if you pack like Cort, Dirty Dog, or XPMarc, figure another 125 lbs in beer. ;)

And six pounds of Bacon.

I finally got around to weighing my camper.

I have a ATC Panther and 2007 Chevy 1500. With 15 gallons of water, propane full and my normal load of camping gear,Hi Lift jack, tools,and other junk the camper weighs in at 1020#.
Factory weight is stated at 695 pounds. I figure with the mods I have made and that much gear and liquids onboard 300 pounds additional seems about right.

Dsrtrat

I think you have the weight of your mods, liquids and gear figured out pretty well. To be within 25 lbs or a 300 lbs estimate isn't bad.

How did you measure the weight of your camper?

I just got back from a ski trip in my 1991 Dodge Diesel with 8'6" Phoenix custom camper. So with all the extra insulation built in to the camper, 2 20lb propane tanks, generator, water, my ski gear and other provisions, shovels and chains, with me and the dog etc., it came to 8,800lbs. My GVWR is 8510 lbs. So much for light weight, but the truck handles it fine with a 20 year old Kelderman Air Ride suspension system that has one of the front air bags currently not holding air, likely due to a rusted out air line fitting.

My camper builder estimated the weight of the camper at 1200lbs., so it is likely 1500lbs. plus about 1500lbs. of my stuff, water, propane etc., me and the dog at 230lbs, and the truck empty at about 5500lbs.

I just used the same truck stop scale to weigh the truck empty and loaded.

Dsrtrat

I think you have the weight of your mods, liquids and gear figured out pretty well. To be within 25 lbs or a 300 lbs estimate isn't bad.

How did you measure the weight of your camper?

Back
Top Bottom