Campfire permit

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Did some research on the computer and you can get your campfire permit on line,zip-zap.
As of today 21 May 2014, they are required while camping on public lands.
One permit is good fro all public lands in Ca. Not sure if one permit is good on all public lands across the country.
Frank

Only way to do it Frank-only thing wrong is that it is to big to fold and put in your wallet -used to carry around a book of thm when I was in BLM-nice and small. By the way sme states don't have campfire permits, but you always need to chech because fre conditions sometimes close down all camp fires even in a campground and I've seen it where no out side thigs like gas stoves are prohibited too. Fire years make things worse.

Smoke

I did pick up a permit at Big Sur SP. I can be folded to fit in your wallet. I keep mine in the truck glove box.

Also did the one on line

Bill

That's where I keep mine too-off of the internet at least on my printer it takes up more space tha the one you get at an office. maybe I should have a couple of books of them when I retired-just kidding , plus going on the net or going to the office you find out what the local codisions are any way
smoke

One think I was told years ago,even if you don't have a campfire you still need a permit.Go figure.
The price is right better safe than sorry.
The "pad" size is nice but the full sheet isn't a problem,like Bill it goes in the truck somewhere.
Frank

From what I understand a campfire permit is required in the backcountry or dispersed campspots for anything with flames - fire, stoves, bbq, gas lantherns, etc. It is mostly an education tool so we are aware of our responsibilities with fire in the woods.

It looks like they are available on line here -

California Campfire Permit

Back
Top Bottom