Camping with the Hard Tops

DrJ

full

full

Earlier this fall I spent a week hunting with my dad and brother. Each of them have a very unique camper that I thought you might enjoy seeing.

I've always want to switch to a hard top camper after spending time with them - especially when it's cold or there are bears around.

My brother owns a remodeled Siesta camper that uses a hand crank to pop it up. I love his camper and it has fond memories to me. It's the original camper I grew up in. My dad owned it for years before turning it over to him. He has since remodeled it to one of the neatest old campers you will ever see.

full

full

My dad's camper is also unusual. It's a custom Alaskan that is on a custom made flat bed trailer. It's a flat bed camper - or at least half of a flat bed. I've never seen anyone else every think of this idea. But one half of the camper is the width of the bed, the other side has a slide in like section so that he could have more tool boxes on the outside. It is super comfortable to camp and hunt it.
I always want one after hanging out in his.

full

full

Pop-up family! Nice.

I like the Alaskans a lot. Reminds me of being in a nice boat. I talked to the guys at last years sportsman show for a while and was impressed.

My dad bought an Alaskan when he retired back in 1970. I decided to get a popup when I retired 2 years ago and thought about the Alaskan, but they are so heavy, I went with the FWC

Back
Top Bottom