Campsites @ Tuweep CG

Wallowa

Double Ought
Just got a permit to camp at Tuweep CG for 7 nights this April. Can't find a map of the CG but would appreciate recommendations for good sites if they are open. '05Tundra/'16 FWC Hawk.

also any suggestions for driving out to the NW and exploring that country on the way out.

Thanks,

Phil

No map, but hopefully this screenshot will work. The most private sites are the first ones to the right as you come into the campground. I marked them on the photo. The one with the X is my preferred site.

tuweep.jpg

Wow! Making reservations for April? At my age(82) I can't imagine planning that far ahead!

No map, but hopefully this screenshot will work. The most private sites are the first ones to the right as you come into the campground. I marked them on the photo. The one with the X is my preferred site.

attachicon.gif
tuweep.jpg

Many thanks...we arrive on a Monday and hopefully sites may be unoccupied early that day....will first look at your "X" site.. appreciate that. :D

Cottonww said:
Wow! Making reservations for April? At my age(82) I can't imagine planning that far ahead!

Hey, none of that! I am 80 and still plan way ahead.. :cool:

CottonWW...

I failed to mention that deadline for applying for CG permit [lottery] in April was Dec1.

Phil

I concur with RickD. We have stayed at that site (I believe it is campsite #1) and it offers a view of the valley and some seclusion. If you turn left when entering the campground instead of right (right turn leads to sites #1, #2 and #3) campsite #7 is somewhat of a rock shelter which is pretty cool but there are more people on that side of the campground. Wherever you decide to set up shop, you will have a great time. Enjoy!

I stayed at the site RickD has marked with an x and it is very nice. When we arrived it was the only site available so we lucked out. All the sites are very nice and you won't be disappointed. Probably the cleanest campground i've ever been in due to the lack of fire rings.

nikonron said:
Camp site #6 is my choice, has a nice tree for shade and is fairly private.

Thanks....since I can find, and I have looked! , a map of numbered campsites or even locations....where is #6?

Appreciate the input...of course any site may be occupied when we arrive...

Back
Top Bottom