Can I get some quick advice?

JoeKan

I'm going to be removing my 64 10ft NCO and storing it in my dad's barn for a while. I'm wanting to store it on cinder blocks and would like to get you all's thoughts on this please. I'm thinking of placing blocks 3 high on all four corners and probably add 2 in the middle. Will this be safe and also will it give enough support for the floor? Or should I put plywood on top of the blocks or 2 x 6s? Thanks for any help you can offer, I certainly appreciate it.
Stay safe,
Joe

I would ask Packrat ( chuck) been doing this way longer than me. My only issue is if your using Jacks they will only go so low just make sure you can get the jacks under. Yer welcome good luck

Hi Joe:

I have a 2018 10 ft Alaskan cabover & this is what I use to support it when not mounted to my truck:

https://www.torklift.com/rv/camper-packer

The camper packer is very stable....works very well on a nice level spot such as a slab floor. I also use my jacks right along with the camper packer as a backup.

Will try to post a picture of my Alaskan stored in the barn later.

etrailer has them in stock usually: https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=camper+packer

Cheers....Lloyd Anderson

I use 2x6”s on saw horses which span completely across the width, one about 2’ back from the front and one near the rear. I also leave the camper jacks on to support all four corners.

Keith in Co said:
I use 2x6”s on saw horses which span completely across the width, one about 2’ back from the front and one near the rear. I also leave the camper jacks on to support all four corners.
This is my method as well.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. I had to act fast and ended up using cinder blocks and 2 x 6.

One of the weak construction features on any wooden camper is the floor to sidewall joint. As it is possible for rain to get into the truck bed and wet that joint, it can soften the wood over time.

The best suggestion I can offer you is to fully support the entire floor of the camper using a sheet of 5/8" plywood and then using some 4" x 4" crosswise cribbing to elevate the camper to where your jacks can lower it and then to raise it. I used FOUR crossmember and since my campers were both 8' long, I built up a platform with the sheet of plywood on top of the cribbing and underneath I stacked the 4" x 4"s with one at the front, one at the rear and another pair in between about 2 1/2' apart.

This keeps the camper off the ground so critters are less likely to set up housekeeping under it. Less moisture as well. Just remember to tarp the camper and consider keeping a 60-watt lightbulb inside the camper on 24/7 to arrest any humidity in there.

Back
Top Bottom