MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Happy Canada Day!
to any and all Canadian friends!

canada-flag.gif

yeah, sure -- even the Québécois!
biggrin.gif

We are not far from the border so are staying home all weekend. The news this morning reporting southbound crossings 90 minutes wait time. The Canadians all descend on us in droves so it best to stay put. Happy Canada Day and Happy Fourth of July to US.

The Canadians all descend on us in droves so it best to stay put.

LOL - we notice that when we go to Bellingham, now we go through and go further South to get away from "them" :)

clikrf8, did you pick up your camper yet?

yeah, sure -- even the Québécois!
biggrin.gif

:LOL:
I didn't know it until I visited that Newfoundland and Labrador were a separate entity until I believe 1948. The narrow vote to join Canada still riles some :eek: Could have been the 49th state!!!

LOL - we notice that when we go to Bellingham, now we go through and go further South to get away from "them" :)

clikrf8, did you pick up your camper yet?

Yep, our Canadian neighbors to the north love to come here to shop and play. Bellingham isn't nearly a big as Vancouver so our infrastructure gets swamped. When both country's holidays are the same weekend, it gets really crowded out there. We have not quite 6 acres on a dead end road (except for the mountain bikers) so we have a very peaceful place.

Not yet, but I am imagining soon as it is ready but we weren't. We can't wait to get out there and we want to check out B.C. more than we have in the past. Great province with so much beauty and open spaces.

I'm celebrating in the states this year. Just had some bacon and beer for breakfast with my cousin, and heading to the town fair for celebrations. Perhaps a Canada flag face painting is in order.

Back
Top Bottom