Chaco Canyon

ktn00000

I thought I would post some trip reports, starting with Chaco Canyon:

A lot of photos, summary is Chaco Canyon is well worth the twenty-five miles of rather dreadful road required to get there. It is a very very cool and fascinating place to spend some time. 1000+ years ago, these buildings were built along what was essentially a wash in the desert. Why there? There seems to be no consensus on the reason for that spot. The road is not 'off road' by any means but it is 25 miles of washboard and sand. You do not need four wheel drive or high clearance or lockers or anything else like that. What you do need is make sure every nut and bolt is tight and a lot of patience.

Enjoy!

The road in:
295474883_PoboH-S.jpg

More of riding in:
295488499_6fUxM-S.jpg

The road in:
Photo-0096a.jpg

The canyon:
Photo-0129.jpg

More of the canyon:
Photo-0123-1.jpg

Photo-0122.jpg

Photo-0142.jpg

Photo-0121.jpg

Photo-0137.jpg

Photo-0136.jpg

Photo-0139.jpg

Photo-0140.jpg

Photo-0141.jpg

Photo-0119.jpg

Photo-0163.jpg

Photo-0145.jpg

Photo-0155.jpg

Camp:
Photo-0098.jpg

It is quite impressive, multi-story buildings that are multiple acres in size that are a thousand years old or so.

All in New Mexico.

Yes it is quite amazing. Maybe the most remarkable thing I have ever seen made by man, considering the timeframe and technology available not to mention the location. You just wonder 'why' and 'how'?

What were they doing with these immense buildings and why are these immense buildings located where they are? Lack of food, lack of water. Testing shows they dragged the timber used in these buildings something like 60 miles to build all this here!

Just remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom