Chris Daydre' and Citrus begin the journey from tent to ATC

Bignosecitrus

Hello everyone, Chris here... Daydre' is my spouse of 36 years and, Citrus is the dog - she is a 9 year old German Shepard who will tear us apart unless she gets minimum 2 hours of hiking / playing every day. Citrus has gotten a little grouchy and does not really play well with other dogs unless their idea of fun being chased and rolled. So we have no more cold camping for Daydre', no more kennel with other dogs for Citrus. As for me for too many years I have been camping on the West side of Vancouver Island (Winter Harbor) and fishing July - August for big King salmon. I have been towing the 18' boat with an F150 short bed, 100,000 miles with no major issues (bought this truck twice - first time for oldest daughters high school graduation and second time when she moved to New York city and she graciously sold it back to me).

So we decided to become more mobile with dog wife and me... then I spotted a ATC on a Toyota while we were walking the dog... all the pieces came together! Get a better truck, build an ATC Cougar and hit the road. So the 98 Ford F150 was traded in on a 2002 Ford Super duty extra cab - long bed - 7.3 diesel (truly a sled) and we have ordered a new cougar from Marty at ATC.

I will fly down (from Bellingham Wa.) Sunday to work out details on the build next week... wow, we are very excited!! As soon as I can I will post some pictures to introduce us and then the details worked out with Marty, these should be interesting as we are going 110v with charging from alternator, solar and shore power. I have had a step learning curve with our off grid - dry cabin on Lopez Island in the San Juan islands.
Thanks to all on this site I have learned so very much from the postings here... Chris

Congrats on your new truck and camper! You are in good hands with the guys at ATC. Safe travels and welcome.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy the camper. I just put a good used one on the back of a Ranger and am enjoying it very much, after camping in a tent on Vancouver Island (and elsewhere). It's waay nicer for wet climates.

Welcome to WTW Chris.IMO you have made a good choice of camper ATC.I have a Bobcat Marty and crew build 4 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since.We travel a lot up into BC and enjoy the camping areas of Vancouver Island.
You will enjoy the pop up camper especially with the extra room of the truck.
Good luck and know you are in great hands with ATC.
Keep us all posted,(it's a requirement).
Frank

Back
Top Bottom