comfort in warm weather

BillTheHiker

Would it be uncomfortably warm inside when parked in the sun and the air temperature is upper 70's or 80's, which is typical where I camp in the Rockies? I like a place to relax( and not sweat) after a long hike, not just for sleeping at night. It can sometimes be tough to find shady areas and even tougher with a truck than a small tent.

When I car/tent camp, the tent is too warm in the sun, even with full mesh screen all sides, but I expect it would be much cooler than a popup camper. I may have to walk a bit to find a shady place for the tent and I can easily slide it around to keep it in the shade.

You can get a nice cooling breeze going with the fan and various combinations of windows, screen door and access doors. An alternative is an awning...

We have always been quite comfortable all the times we have been in the Rockies in warm weather. All the windows are open and just the screen door closed. The thermal/arctic pack helps as the sideliner, In direct sunlight, the inside of the sideliner can be warm and radiate heat. All the other camper walls are better insulated than a tent wall.

+3 on what Mr. Sage and Ski have stated above. Great breezes with things opened and the awning can provide shade to sit and enjoy the view, an ya with beer in hand. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

With ceiling vent fan and open windows I can keep the inside at ~ outside temps. With portable fans I can keep it more comfortable. I also carry a comfortable lounge chair (folds out flat for nap time) and a battery powered fan (for those days with no breeze). Shade can usually be found on one side of the camper, if not nearby.

jim

I have found the inside temp stays cooler then expected.
The camper has nice insulation,sides and roof,but the liner does radiate heat.
No problems so far. Open windows ,having awnings on windows helps and use the other openings to get air
through the camper.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom