'Compressor' Fridge For Eagle?

Garymc

Advanced Member
I have a January '09 Eagle and am having a hard time figuring out what size 12v 'compressor' style fridge will fit.... Has anyone done a retrofit? If so, waht brand and model did you use?

Thanks for your time- G McD

The Nova Kool 2600 looks like it will probably fit with minor mods in place of a Dometic 1.9. Alternately, the Isotherm 65 will likely work, too.

To my knowledge, no one has posted a swap, yet. So you'll need to figure out a few things. First check the links for sizes. You have 2 sizes of importance: flange and cut out. Dometic, I understand, specs a little larger than actual, while Norcold (is yours a Norcold?) may be dead on in the dimensions.

After getting a feel for what might or might not work, call the manufacturers! The guy that answered the phone when I called Nova Kool was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. I was impressed. If you settle on Nova Kool, call Chris at A to Z Southern California Supply (619-224-1606) or let Nova Kool steer you to a good retailer.

I understand EarthRoaamer uses Nova Kool (pic). (I would like an Earth Roamer!)

I will likely do this swap, but since I have more height (Super Duty campers are taller) I am considering the Cruise 85.

Keep us posted.

The Nova Kool 2600 looks like it will probably fit with minor mods in place of a Dometic 1.9. Alternately, the Isotherm 65 will likely work, too.

To my knowledge, no one has posted a swap, yet. So you'll need to figure out a few things. First check the links for sizes. You have 2 sizes of importance: flange and cut out. Dometic, I understand, specs a little larger than actual, while Norcold (is yours a Norcold?) may be dead on in the dimensions.

After getting a feel for what might or might not work, call the manufacturers! The guy that answered the phone when I called Nova Kool was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. I was impressed. If you settle on Nova Kool, call Chris at A to Z Southern California Supply (619-224-1606) or let Nova Kool steer you to a good retailer.

I understand EarthRoaamer uses Nova Kool (pic). (I would like an Earth Roamer!)

I will likely do this swap, but since I have more height (Super Duty campers are taller) I am considering the Cruise 85.

Keep us posted.

XV-LT Purchase Information

Pricing

All EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicles are sold directly from the factory and are made to order. Typical prices for completed 2009 model year EarthRoamer XV-LTs range from just over $200,000 to approximately $230,000 depending on options chosen and custom work

I will not be getting a EarthRoamer any time soon !!!

Bill

PS my Hawk looks better all the time.

C'mon Bill Everything's relative......
And since none of my relatives are rich I too wont be getting an EarthRoamer anytime soon.

With some slight modifications, the Norcold version should work (I think ???)

I know we have used them in the past.

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/Products/NorcoldRefrigeratorsHome/DE0051EV0051DC0051/tabid/204/Default.aspx

pretty sure we used the DE-0051 (AC/DC).

Attachments

• refrigerator (2 way) ac and dc.jpg
    refrigerator (2 way) ac and dc.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Norcold 2-Way Refrigerator #4.JPG
    Norcold 2-Way Refrigerator #4.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 172
Stan, my Eagle is a January '09 model. What kind of "minor modifications" might be required? To the cabinettry or to the fridge itself?

I appreciate your time,

Gary Mc

With some slight modifications, the Norcold version should work (I think ???)

I know we have used them in the past.

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/Products/NorcoldRefrigeratorsHome/DE0051EV0051DC0051/tabid/204/Default.aspx

pretty sure we used the DE-0051 (AC/DC).

Back
Top Bottom