Considering buying a used shell - any tips, ideas or experience?

Amyinaz

Hubby and I are considering buying a used shell. We've been looking at and dreaming about a FWC for a while. A used Hawk shell, which should fit our 1999 Chevy 1500, is for sale in our town. We'll be taking a look at it tomorrow. Our plan is to build out the interior as we have the money and figure out what we really want. (My husband has a construction background so should have the skills.). We currently sleep in tent or back of truck with topper so just a shell will be a step up for us!

We found a ton of great tips for buying a used camper in the Buyer's Guide. I wondered if anyone who built out the interior themselves has any tips or things we should consider before going this route?

You've definitely asked the right crowd! I'm certain you will get many valuable recommendations. Best of luck!

Good idea to use the camper for a while and see what you might like for improvements. We have a shell and don't feel the need to "build" it at all, yet.

"Take it easy" has good advice. Camp out of it as a shell for a few times. Then make a list.
Most of what we used in our old "Flip-Pac" didn't work in our new shell.

I also agree with takesiteasy. We bought a shell 11 years ago with the idea we'd make changes as needed. We have made almost none to the interior.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom