couch modifications on 2001 Ranger

riz

The Ranger had a couch that took up a lot of room when down and didn't work great as a couch when up.... Also, there was a few inches of wasted space between the cabinets and the end cushion so... I replaced the wood frame with 1 inch pvc pipe and moved the couch up and over toward the side window. The end piece of the couch, I moved forward to take up the 4 inch wasted space gap. I placed a storage box between the end cushion and the back of the camper to fill in the space I created by moving the cushion forward. I put a cabinet on the driver side to take up the space I gained by moving the couch to the right. My stove never had (since I got it) a stove cover, so I made one out of wood that also doubles as extra counter space above the left side cabinet. On the floor, I screwed in a thin strip of wood to keep stuff from sliding out. These modifications give me more storage and easier access to my stuff. All my kitchen stuff now goes in an Action Packer to free up the closet for clothes, etc. The storage can now handle two Action Packers, a porta pot, a barbeque, with plenty of extra room. The couch is now in a semi-permanant down position, and I use pillows, sleeping bags, etc. for back rests. Much more room on the floor to move back an forth. Overall, I feel like it worked out pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG