Cover Bikes on Rear Carrier.

Beach

For the people that carry bikes on the rear of your rigs, do you cover them? My trip last summer in the rain on the dirt roads through Gunnison resulted in up to an 1/8 of mud covering the rear of the camper. Glad I have a cover for the rear A/C.

I bought a cover for exactly the reasons mentioned. It works well but will cover your rear brake lights. To remedy this I installed a LED light strip above the door. Due to a fifty percent reduction in passenger and bikes ( at least I got the camper!) I now just wheel the bike into the camper. The cover is for sale if your interested.

We bought one of the bike covers on Amazon, that is made from heavy cordura. the lightweight ones lasted about one trip. Best thing to keep dust, grit and rain off the bikes. Putting extra brake/taillights on is highly recommended when you are carrying bikes. I put ours on to the jack brackets (http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/gallery/album/747-taku-misc/) but lot's of options.

Gunnarider said:
I have seen bikes carried on the front of the truck. Should stay clean there.
Except for the bugs and any debris kicked up by other vehicles.

Edgewood said:
I bought a cover for exactly the reasons mentioned. It works well but will cover your rear brake lights. To remedy this I installed a LED light strip above the door. Due to a fifty percent reduction in passenger and bikes ( at least I got the camper!) I now just wheel the bike into the camper. The cover is for sale if your interested.
Probably too late but is the cover still available?

Back
Top Bottom