Custom Truck Bed

Nice find! This would solve a lot of the space issues I have with a pop up camper. I wonder if if would push me over the 1/2 ton - 3/4 ton edge. I currently have a 1/2 ton.

If only it had lower sides and were not rectangular and hard cornered. I am still early in my search for a custom camper bed similar to the discontinued Royal Truck Bodies Sculptured "Sport" Bed. Early results are not encouraging and I may have to go to a UTE style flatbed with boxes in place of the conventional bed sides so I can use my bed cap when my FWC camper is not on the truck.

Out of curiosity I called them wanting to get a general idea of price. It was 4:50 when I called and wouldn't you know it? They close at 4:30 I hope to try again tomorrow.

I note that they also do customs so it is possible that they can make what I would want, maximized departure angle and clearance for the "wing panels" on the rear of our Phoenix. I guess worst case the camper could be modified to remove those. What a custom does to the price will be interesting.

I emailed them yesterday for pricing, but have yet to get a reply.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom