Diesel Heater Installs

superduty

Advanced Member
I have seen a few of the diesel heater installs on WTW and on Youtube, etc. Most of the installs do not follow the most important rule of diesel heater installs which is the exhaust and intake combustion air intake connections are supposed to be outside the cabin. This is easily accomplished on van installs where the floor is fairly thin sheet metal.

It seems on the FWC accomplishing this is a bit more of a challenge. 1. I believe the plywood is double thick in some of the typical spots where the install might go. 2. The exhaust will enter into the truck bed in most install spots.

I have seen some installs where the heater is mounted to the outside of the camper and it fits between the camper and truck bed. I am not sure I have clearance for such an install. I would also like the heater to accessible in case there is a problem with it.

For those of you who have done the install "correctly" can you post up how you have done it. I am calling it "correct," because that is the industry standard, not my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom