Dispersed Camping Around Kingman AZ?

PJorgen

Next week I will be driving from Reno NV to Roswell, NM. Planning to do it over two days and Kingman AZ looks like it's about half-way. Can anyone tell me if there is dispersed camping in the desert around there, ideally to the east of Kingman?

You might want to take a look at iOverlander. If you don’t have it you can download it. It shows quite a few dispersed camping area both to the SE and S of Kingman off of Hwy 40. Hope you get some responses from folks that have actually camped in the area. I have not.

Ron

Note, there are also numerous roadside BLM sites in P-J habitat a few miles S on DW Ranch Rd from its exit off I-40 (i.e., the N portion of the Hualapai Mtns, ~10 mi E of Kingman). Minimally trafficked most of the time; possible ATVers on weekends.
Rico.

RicoV said:
Note, there are also numerous roadside BLM sites in P-J habitat a few miles S on DW Ranch Rd from its exit off I-40 (i.e., the N portion of the Hualapai Mtns, ~10 mi E of Kingman). Minimally trafficked most of the time; possible ATVers on weekends.
Rico.
Perfect, just the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom