Dixie Mountain Lookout

craig333

Riley's Human
Time for our annual Antelope Lake trip. Officially cancelled yet we had about fifty show up anyway. It was warm and the fishing sucked for most. Took a Wednesday trip up to the lookout. Quite a drive from Antelope Lake.

Frenchman Reservoir in the background. I'd go so far as to call the path up to the lookout "hazardous".

The lookout was manned but had a chain and authorized personnel only sign so I could not go up and visit. Disappointing.

I only caught one fish but it was 18 5/8 and big enough to win this years trophy. That fish was hand carved by one of our guys. Camera doesn't do it justice.

Kettle Rock Pass on the way to Taylor Lake.

A visit to one of the local mining areas. I don't recommend this.

My Jeep and my brothers. Lots of deer wandered through camp.

So many people out and about. Hwy 89 was a zoo. I was sucking fumes but made it back without having to stop for food or fuel.

Crazy is the truth. When I first arrived a rumor was going around they were going to close the campground after we left. Camp host said no, not true. Campgrounds were full. First time I've ever seen them put out a full sign at the turn into the campgrounds. Traffic seemed normal except more rigs were campers/trailers etc, than I can remember seeing.

I sure hope people leave the fireworks home. Been crazy for weeks with fireworks going off nightly here. In spite of our governor I'll be taking my dog away for the fourth. Not going to subject him to that. I won't be going as far as I'd originally planned though.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I enjoy reading the trip reports as it inspires me to checkout new areas.

Back
Top Bottom