Dixie Valley Nevada - February 2021

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
A series of small storms have been rolling through here. A short break was promised as a ridge of high pressure moved the storms to the north. We took advantage, climbed into the truck, and headed into Nevada. Want to tag along? The story and photos are now up on our blog -

Dixie Valley Nevada - February 2021

We hope you enjoy the adventure! :)

Another NV valley to explore. Drove up through Luna and Gabbs on the way home from fires in CA last fall. Nice country all through there. Thanks for the trip report!

Great report on an area I’d like to visit. Re: the fighter jets. We live below final approach to Pt Mugu so we see the Super Hornets and other types of planes fly over on their way back from training over Death & Saline Valleys. It always brings future travels to mind.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski.Looked like fun scrambling around with the tanks.
Frank
As I said, it makes you feel like a kid. I was surprised there were no handles to grab to make moving around easier, but there's not much space to move anyway. Thanks Frank!

Taku said:
Another NV valley to explore. Drove up through Luna and Gabbs on the way home from fires in CA last fall. Nice country all through there. Thanks for the trip report!
You are very welcome Taku! Yup, so much to see and explore. At lunch today I was looking at maps and Google Earth and noting so much more to go out searching for. It keeps us young, healthy and happy!

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great report on an area I’d like to visit. Re: the fighter jets. We live below final approach to Pt Mugu so we see the Super Hornets and other types of planes fly over on their way back from training over Death & Saline Valleys. It always brings future travels to mind.
Thanks MDR! Our last trip in the Gabbs Valley area also featured a bunch of Hornets in the sky. :)

Thanks for letting us tag along! The photos and commentary are very good at making us feel like we were along for the journey. The sagebrush is calling!

AWG_Pics said:
Thanks for letting us tag along! The photos and commentary are very good at making us feel like we were along for the journey. The sagebrush is calling!
Yes, the sagebrush is calling! I believe someone once said, "I love the smell of sagebrush in the morning." Unfortunately Dixie Valley is impacted with Russian Thistle and Cheat Grass. Thanks for the nice comment. :)

goinoregon said:
thx for the report, and info about the area.
You are very welcome. :)

Back
Top Bottom