DIY running board lights

Glenn

Advanced Member
I’m trying something new, an app for creating a url for videos from my device. I do not know if it will work.
It’s a lengthy video

In 2020 I built from scratch a LED light system for my running boards. The LED’s are smoked in black bezels so they cloak into the running boards

I used both white and amber on separate circuits. I put a photo electric switch in the grill for the white LEDs for dusk, night time and ground effect for dark parking lots and hunting.

I used the amber LEDs for running lights and turn signals. I used relays and diodes to hide the system from the trucks computers and resistors to match the LED light intensity to match the rest of the truck. A relay from the dome light circuit control the time.

I also used a laser level to keep all the drilled holes for the LEDs straight as it’s on a radius on the back of the plastic board.

The system has been operating flawlessly for four years…… if the URL works I hope you enjoy the video of my DIY running boards😉. Glenn

I have since upgraded to 2008 power. heated., tow mirrors on my ‘02 so now they light up and flash as well😀

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom