Do it yourself onboard gray water storage

BobM

I have made this post on other threads and was asked to create a new topic to make available to a larger audience. The following slide show gives you an example how you can use your wheel well dead space for a permanent Gray Water storage:

It's pretty straight forward, 4" ABS drain pipe, cut to fit the length of your truck bed leaving enough room for end caps fittings etc. Angle the pipe so the water flows to the end.

I used hose clamps and rivets to keep it tight to the truck for making it easier to put the camper back on. If you make one like this you will need 4 adhesives; ABS, PVC, caulking and a special ABS/PVC adhesive for where you bond PVC to the ABS. I got all these at home depot. Don't forget a vent tube on the high end so air can escape to displace the entering water, seal with caulking.

All trucks/campers are different so make sure you have the space. My truck is a short bed with a Raven. My pipe holds approx. 3.5 gallons. An 8ft bed would hold more. For me 3.5 works great. I still have my 5 gallon bag in case my pipe gets full but after a year and 1/2 I've never used it.

you can do without glue. 4" flex cap and bulkhead fittings to go into the rubber cap. I did this on my second one after having a leak on my first one. If you do glue make sure you have the right glue for the type of plastic you use.

41HOYWcTYtL._SX300_.jpg

41k1XeosZLL.jpg

Couldn't find 4" pvc and abs is the standard for waste and is more durable and cheaper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom