Dometic 5 Gal Marine Toilet

Santiam Camper

Advanced Member
I am thinking of purchasing a Dometic 5 gallon marine toilet for my Fleet camper. I don't have the camper yet.

The specs say it is 16.5" high. Are there any height restrictions for use in a Fleet model? I know there is a cabinet above it.

Please let me know of some good alternative toilets too.

Thanks

Mike

we have this and is a-ok

Attachments

• SeaLand SaniPottie 965 MSD Portable Toilet.pdf
    305.5 KB · Views: 554
I have the same as Buckland and it has held up well for the last two years. Only about twenty camping trips, but my wife refuses to go out at night so has had plenty of use in that time. No problem with any of the seals and is not too much of a problem to dump or clean. Fits well in my Fleet in the space between dinette and back door under the drop down shelf. I thought I would like a cassette type toilet instead but this one has worked just fine with no leaks or smells.

My Fleet is a front dinette, and a 5 gal will not fit, but a smaller one will. You should check with your dealer or 4WC to get potty space dimensions for your camper, since they make running design changes. Please remember that any chemicals using formaldehyde can kill the good bacteria in a septic tank, drain field, and sewage treatment plant; be careful of what you use & where you dump. if you dump them in the boonies, which may not be permitted, those chemicals are likely to end up in groundwater.

It's not the same thing, but I like the Reliance folding portable toilet and Walmart Ozark Trail Double Doodie bags (not cheap, but less than the Reliance bags). It supports up to 300#, and is very stable on uneven ground if you want to use it outside the camper. Folded, it stows easily & open it will fit anywhere most liquid toilets would go. A filled 5 gal chemical toilet is going to weigh 50-60#, while a filled Reliance will weigh 5-10#.

Back
Top Bottom