Dometic (RM2193) 3 Way Fridge Problem

FreezingMan

Advanced Member
My Dometic fridge (Model RM2193) will work on DC and AC but not on propane. The propane lites and runs but the cooling lines do not warm up like they do on DC and AC. The chimney is running its typical level of very warm temperature when on propane. Any ideas what the problem is or how to troubleshoot it?

Don’t have an answer. I have the exact same problem going on right now. I’ve done all the normal maintenance, cleaned the burner, propane jet, and the flue. I’m waiting on a new propane regulator, because I don’t have a way to check my propane pressure, so I’m going to just replace my regulator. I know in the past I could hear the frig burner, sound more like a little blow torch, now I can’t really hear it. So I think it might not be burning hot enough.
Another reason I suspect the regulator when I run the stove top on hi fire the flame fluctuates. I also have the exact same Model refrigerator.

Received my new propane pressure regulator and installed it, as soon as I lit my refrigerator off I could hear the slight roar of the flame that I wasn’t hearing before. Let it run over nite and according to the inexpensive thermometer I had laying in the bottom of the frig. it was in the low 20 degrees f.. Outside temp was about 60. Also I had ran my stove burner and it was no longer fluctuating on high fire. I believe now obviously that this was my problem. Looks like everything is running fine again, might have to get used to running it on a different setting so it isn’t so cold.

My refrigerator seems to be working fine after cleaning the burner per the manual instructions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom