Dometic RM2354 Gas Cooling

Outnabout

I have struggled on and off for six years with the problem of frig not getting cold enough. Sometimes it works like a charm, others not so much. My latest trip was on the Oregon Coast. Cool temps outside but frig still not cooling effectively. I have cleaned burner and orfice. Attempted cleaning of flue with compressed air from compressor.

Two questions: This frig is in FWC. Does anyone have a semi easy way to clean the flue? It seems like a bunch of deconstruction would need to be done to fully access.

2nd question: When I change the cold setting from 1-5 on the frig I do not notice the flame size changing. Is this normal? I have read that some folks hear the flame when they put the frig on the colder settings. I have never been able to hear any change.

Any advice is welcome and if I see you on the road I will buy you a beer. Thanks

Beach said:
I recently removed the FWC installed single cooling fan and installed a dual fan set up to draw air over the coils, helped get me a few extra degrees of cooling . Really like the new fan, no noise except when on the highest setting, even then its barely audible. digital controller too. Remember to get your rig as level as possible.
https://www.amazon.com/Ventilation-Cooling-Refrigerator-Controller-TTC-SC22/dp/B077TJCL3F/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=rv+fridge+fan&qid=1630875124&sr=8-8
Thanks. Yes always level. Two fans might be the way to go. Were they plug and play when you removed the old one? I’ve got my frig running now to see if cleaning the orifice has made a difference.

Plug and play but you need a 12v source. I had to remove the brackets from the factory fan(single setup). New fan comes with brackets that worked well for my application. The flame should have a firm shape to it and not be wafting around. I regularly blow the orifice out with compressed air, in fact I carry a can of Dust Off with us all the time. It was put to use on the last trip to perk up the fridge performance after a extremely dusty drive through the mountains..

Beach said:
Plug and play but you need a 12v source. I had to remove the brackets from the factory fan(single setup). New fan comes with brackets that worked well for my application. The flame should have a firm shape to it and not be wafting around. I regularly blow the orifice out with compressed air, in fact I carry a can of Dust Off with us all the time. It was put to use on the last trip to perk up the fridge performance after a extremely dusty drive through the mountains..
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom