Dove Mountain Gila

chnlisle

Post Master
I thought I'd share this with Y'all. I took it in Captain Coors stomping grounds. I was showing my visiting sister the new Ritz Carlton and snapped this guy on Dove Mt Bl at Gallery.

Attachments

• Copy of Dove Mt gila.jpg
    Copy of Dove Mt gila.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Copy of Dove Mt gila_0001.jpg
    Copy of Dove Mt gila_0001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 312
Gila

Neat flicks Jay!

Susan and I were hoping to see one when we were in your part of the country last winter but probably too cold then? Is it rare that they are out where they can be seen?

Thanks,
'birds

I read the forums a lot, but almost never post. Your pics brought me out of seclusion. :thumb:

That's so very, very cool that you could spy such a beautiful creature, in of all places, crossing the road on a curb. As a former amateur herpetologist, I have often thought of taking a trip down Arizona way for the express privilege of seeing a Gila in person and getting some photographs.

Viewing a Gila in the wild would be at the very top of my outdoors experiences. Maybe someday.....

For anyone else that is lucky enough to see one, they are a protected species so please don't harm them.

Well done Chnlisle!!!!

Duane & CJ,
That is the first GM I've seen in the "wild" since we moved here 2 years ago. Pam sees them all the time.

I guess I don't get out much.

I've seen a couple on camping trips in the past but this was a complete surprise and I didn't even have my camera with me. I shot that with the cardboard throw away that my sister brought and scanned it when we got the prints.

Where's that puppy live?

I wonder who's crawl space he lives in during the winter!

They're probably glad to have him though, keeps the hanta mouse and 'widow populations under control. Might become an eco friendly pest control fad.

Hey Jay, that spot is about 200 yards from my house. We see these guys often in and around the golf course. I guess the water and grass brings them in.

Hey Jay, that spot is about 200 yards from my house. We see these guys often in and around the golf course. I guess the water and grass brings them in.
There you are. I was wondering when you'd sneak in here.

Back
Top Bottom