Dropping gift hints to family

Hmmm.....after finding it was just a bit difficult to get out of my last car because the seats simply sat too low for me (6'4"), I bought a mid-sized SUV. Now I just open the door and the seats are right at butt height. That makes the in/out easy on me. My F250 seats are a bit higher but it isn't a daily driver so no big deal.

So.....I visit Kaiser often and notice they provide several HIGHER seat chairs in the waiting room.....which brings me to this question; I notice the Kermit chair specs list the seat height....and it seems too low for me. I wonder how many of you guys with back issues or other infirmities have looked for a taller camp chair and actually found a sturdy one?

PackRat said:
—snip—
So.....I visit Kaiser often and notice they provide several HIGHER seat chairs in the waiting room.....which brings me to this question; I notice the Kermit chair specs list the seat height....and it seems too low for me. I wonder how many of you guys with back issues or other infirmities have looked for a taller camp chair and actually found a sturdy one?
We have two Strongback Elite camp chairs. One is green mesh and one is black with cloth seat. https://www.strongbackchair.com/

These have good back support, are very stable and, being higher, are easy to get out of for those of us with old knees.

Paul

PackRat, there are leg extensions for the Kermit. Last year I was hospitalized for severe back muscle spasms. For two months after, the Kermit w/extensions was the only chair I sat in here at home and on the road.

PaulT, thanks for the tip on the Strongback Elite.

I'm 6'3" and have really appreciated the height, solidity, and price-point of my Alps Mountaineering Ultimate Recliner, It has an adjustable high back for various sit modes, and I easily added a swing-out cup holder to the armrest. Alps offers several other cool chairs too.
Rico

PaulT said:
We have two Strongback Elite camp chairs. One is green mesh and one is black with cloth seat. https://www.strongbackchair.com/
These have good back support, are very stable and, being higher, are easy to get out of for those of us with old knees.
Paul
I posted this same question on here about a year ago and based on the comments we bought a pair of Strongback chairs.
Very comfortable, the only downside is they don't fold as compact as some others but to us it's worth it.

I have a Strongback with umberella. after 4 years it's become more difficult to pack it away in the bag, I weigh about 162 so no big strain it is very comfortable.

I’ve been a fan of the Stronback chair for years. Wasn’t there a thread on chairs a few years back, anyway, after reading all of the reviews I settled on the Strongback.

Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom