DV Winter Break 2014

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
We've been working on publishing our trip report from our recent visit to Death Valley.
There's been a few delays as we experimented with Wordpress and Blogger. (Ultimately WP is awkward to insert photos, and Blogger was easier to use)

DV Winter Break, Part One

Please enjoy!

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing with us. This is a beautiful area...We wish people would resist their need to leave their mark!
Now I'm packing and loading my camper. Heading out of dodge tomorrow for the southern Oregon desert.

Great pix and narrative, thanks! We'll be hanging out in DV sometime next month.

Andy, great TR! Looks like with the exception of propane, that you had a wonderful time.

I don't know if they are still giving tours of the Amargosa Opera House, but it's worth the $5 to take it. Marta pretty much did all the art work herself.

Really enjoying your trip report. Great images, as always, and as usual, I can't pick a favorite - too many good ones

It's a small world. I know one of those Geology students from UTEP. His mom has a cabin down the road from me, and I loaned him my sleeping pad for his DV trip.

A great trip! Very nice photos too. Death Valley looks like a fascinating place. We will have to get there one of these days.

Thanks, everybody. It was a great trip, with new explorations and revisiting of favorites too. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

No kidding, fabulous pics and all round good looking TR. I have got to get my big self over to Death Valley one of these days. You all make it look so appealing. My wife is always saying "there's nothing there" but she doesn't see these pictures. We've only been as far as Dumont Dunes to run sand buggies 30 years ago, there's so much more to it. I'll be showing her this TR for sure. Thanks mucho...

Grand Whazoo said:
No kidding, fabulous pics and all round good looking TR. I have got to get my big self over to Death Valley one of these days. You all make it look so appealing. My wife is always saying "there's nothing there" but she doesn't see these pictures. We've only been as far as Dumont Dunes to run sand buggies 30 years ago, there's so much more to it. I'll be showing her this TR for sure. Thanks mucho...
So very close! You better hurry, none of us are getting younger!

Grand Whazoo said:
My future wife said much the same thing,"Who would want to go to a place called Death Valley??" [emoji15]. It only took one visit to change her mind.

Back
Top Bottom