Eagle 12V Fridge Install

Garymc

Advanced Member
After a bunch of reading, measuring and re-measuring I settled on a Norcold DE-0751 to replace the less than stellar 3-way Norcold that was installed during the FWC building process. This is the 'updated' model from the DE-0051. It uses a "hermetically sealed compressor" (I think it may be a Danfoss like the Engle and ARB fridges , but can't get a straight answer on that).
I'll tackle the removal of the 3-way in the next few days and install the new 12V. Before I starting removing the 3-way is there anything I should be aware of? Obvious things I might be missing?

Here is a link to the fridge... http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/NorcoldIncRefrigerators/DE0751/tabid/697/Default.aspx
I'll try and chronicle the process with photos.

-Mc

I'm very interested to hear how this turns out. I'm working on my fridge 3way problem again today and if I don't get it fixed I think I may remove it with a stick of TNT!!!!!

After a bunch of reading, measuring and re-measuring I settled on a Norcold DE-0751 to replace the less than stellar 3-way Norcold that was installed during the FWC building process. This is the 'updated' model from the DE-0051. It uses a "hermetically sealed compressor" (I think it may be a Danfoss like the Engle and ARB fridges , but can't get a straight answer on that).
I'll tackle the removal of the 3-way in the next few days and install the new 12V. Before I starting removing the 3-way is there anything I should be aware of? Obvious things I might be missing?

Here is a link to the fridge... http://www.thetford....97/Default.aspx
I'll try and chronicle the process with photos.

-Mc

It took me about an hour to remove the fridge from my Bobcat, I was just not thinking of the screws on the back. Once the screws around the door and the back are removed, disconnect the gas and wires and it slides out. Mine was really close to the door frame, so it needed some wiggling to get it past the frame.
I converted the space with drawers for storage and have an Engel fridge under the pass through window. Much better now, wife and kids have easy access to their stuff and food stays cold.

Just a quick update: The removal of the 3-way and the install of the new Norcold went great, a heck of a lot easier than I expected. I bit of very easy trim removal and some lengthening of the 12v wiringing harness on the new Norcold and it's in. I need to do a bit of very minor trim work on the cabinet to clean it up a bit but everything is functional!

FWIW- Gary Mc

Back
Top Bottom