Easy Peasy Winterization

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
I wish that all RVs with a water system were as easy to winterize as the Oliver Travel trailers. Set valves to bypass the city water and fresh water tanks, isolate the water heater, connect a short hose to the winterize/boondocking port turn the pump on, then open the hot/cold at each faucet and let it run until the antifreeze is present.

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4083.jpeg

Another neat feature of the boondocking port is the ability to draw water directly from a water container, or redirect that water into the freshwater tank

Gotta love easy peasy... don't forget getting antifreeze pumped into the toilet valve. Expensive repair.

The Casita we had there was quick connects either side of the water pump. That would alow attaching a pick up hose for a jug of rv antifreeze.

pvstoy said:
Gotta love easy peasy... don't forget getting antifreeze pumped into the toilet valve. Expensive repair.

The Casita we had there was quick connects either side of the water pump. That would alow attaching a pick up hose for a jug of rv antifreeze.
Good catch, but the composting toilet eliminated that step.

I think I’m more enamored of the ability to do a boondock fill than I am of the ease of winterizing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom