Entertaining and Educational

Cool! I’m going to go dig out all my pulleys I’ve forgotten about.

I got one... snatch!... I use it to move whole log trees for cord wood.. It is a bit different in that once the log gets too the snatch block the impact pops the snatch block and it opens and allows the tree to reverse direction toward the tractor winch! Can't help but smile when it goes slick as ... anyway real easy peazy. I was a science /math teacher and I loved teaching physical science to 13 years olds. My co worker in the team had a final exam .... he set up teams in the class and then pulled the tarp off the hidden object below..... their
task was to move a 100 pound stone across the classroom ....... apply your knowledge..... shear pandemonium ensued... fun to watch!
Thanks for the post.... that guy has enthusiasm !!

Thanks Sage for posting this up. I had to wait until returning home to watch it.

He does a good job showing and explaining. It would have been a bit of extra work but cool to have put scales at the mounting points at each block and end point to show the loads at the anchors.

Trail building moving rocks with a grip hoist people get confused with a redirect verse mechical advantage rigging.

Back
Top Bottom