Expeditions West / Overland Journal: Saying Hello

expeditionswest

K.C. mentioned this forum to me a while ago, and Aaron was kind enough to provide a login, and permission to post about Overland Journal.

I have "wandered the west" for about 20 years now, and owned all variety of vehicles. I currently drive a 2004 Tacoma and a (new to me) 1995 Land Rover Discovery 5-speed, with only 70k miles.

I have documented my adventures on expeditionswest.com for years, and then transitioned to print editorial, writing for PRIMEDIA and 4wd Toyota Owner.

Then just this past year, a small team and I started a new publication, tailored more to what we all do - exploring. It has a heavy emphasis on travel/adventure stories and detailed and decisive reviews. Being a new, independent publication, marketing is a grass-roots effort. :)

For more information, or to subscribe: www.overlandjournal.com

fall_07_home_page.jpg

Thank you so much for the support!

A warm welcome to the busiest guy I know!

The Overland Journal has blown me away. From the writing, photography, design & layout, it is clear this publication is a cut above the rest. Passionate people writing about the world we know, places in the world we have yet to see and the fun gear & gadgets that we take with us.

I'm more than happy to recommend this publication for any outdoor enthusiast, not just the 4x4 owner.

So Scott, can we anticipate seeing a feature on Four Wheel Campers in the Overland Journal sometime? :)

Absolutely! We have a trip in CA planned with a Tundra and 4WC.

Four Wheel Campers is also one of our charter advertisers. A great company. :D

OK I'll give it a shot. I just subscribed and hope the first issue I get is October. I sure dont want to wait for 2 more months.

to all the new subscribers of OJ, you will not be disappointed...i look forward to every issue.

scott, thats awesome that you guys are getting your hands on and fwc...stoked for pics and a write up...cheers

OK I'll give it a shot. I just subscribed and hope the first issue I get is October. I sure dont want to wait for 2 more months.

Hi Jay,

Based on your subscription date, the first issue you will receive is winter, which will ship in the next few weeks. An unfortunate side-effect of the larger, five-times annual format is that new subscribers might have to wait a month or two before their first delivery. Back issues are available on the website if you would like to pick-up a prior issue :)

Scott I just sent a link to The Journal website to my Desert Rat & Baja buddy Gene Rubin. He will be sending in a subscription request post haste.

Just got my first issue as well, read it from cover to cover. Enjoyed the article on the trip to the Arctic Circle and the tidbits about tires fracturing and vehicle manufacturer cold testing, -60 way to go Toyota. Nice job Scott!

Back
Top Bottom