extra fuel can

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Before we hit the road to Alaska and beyond I feel I need to carry extra fuel.I'am looking at the Koplin 4gal pac.It seems like it would be easy to carry.Does anyone have thoughts on these fuel pacs?

Thanks Frank

They can be tough to position to pour sometimes (odd shape) but if you are only filling a truck tank it should be fine.

I havesome friends that use them on there ATV's and they have stuck with them.

Before we hit the road to Alaska and beyond I feel I need to carry extra fuel.I'am looking at the Koplin 4gal pac.It seems like it would be easy to carry.Does anyone have thoughts on these fuel pacs?

Thanks Frank

I have two of these......one for fuel......and one for water. I used to use them on my atv.

After a while both of them swelled up....from fluid in them expanding with the heat of the day. They both stayed wierd looking but funtion 100%.

I don't think I'd buy them again....they are kind of pricey. There are probably better fuel cans out there.

Thanks for the info .One other question. Since I don't do really far out back roads ,or in and out ones so much, what would be the amount of fuel to carry and where do you carry the cans.My main reason to carry extra is for roads like the Dempster and the like.I'am thinking two 2.5 gal. plastic cans should be enough.They would be easier to deal with and less expensive than the Koplin.

Frank

Thanks for the info .One other question. Since I don't do really far out back roads ,or in and out ones so much, what would be the amount of fuel to carry and where do you carry the cans.My main reason to carry extra is for roads like the Dempster and the like.I'am thinking two 2.5 gal. plastic cans should be enough.They would be easier to deal with and less expensive than the Koplin.

Frank

My guess is that those gas cans will be most valuable not so much for the Dempster highway but for filling up before travelling thru British Columbia where you will find gas at record high prices-- over $5.00 per gallon. Problem is it will take several days to drive thru BC so 5 gal. in jerry cans is not enough.

Thanks for the info.I'am not that concerned I have traveled up north before,I just wanted to have some insurance gas along.Today I picked up a 2gal plastic one at wally world.That should at least give me a few miles if i need it.I don't think anyone could carry enough gas to get through the high priced gas areas.

Thanks again for the reply.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom