Fabric cover for truck + camper

srileo

Hi all,
we are enjoying our Titan + Hawk combination very much. I've yet to post trip reports, but will get around to it soon.
So...
We live in San Francisco and got lucky with renting a parking spot down the block from us. However, it is a dirt/gravel lot shared with other vehicles, and as a result of vehicles moving in and out, and the heavy dew in the morning makes our truck camper dirty and wet every day.

Wondering if you guys have suggestions for a fabric cover that goes over the truck camper? I see that there are plenty of covers for just the camper alone, but none for a permanently mounted combo. There seem to be custom cover makers, but i imagine that might go close to $1000. I'd like to stay in the $300-400 range solution.

Suggestions?

I have a cover for my truck, have not used in over 3 years because the camper is on most of the time. I am thinking about cutting it just behind the cab to keep the cab clean and out of the sun. Could use a flat tarp to go over the camper or have one fitted. This would be a 2 piece unit. I have seen pop up trailer covers used to cover the camper. may want to look at one of those.

Note PITA to take the antenna off each time I use the truck cover. Mine has "FITTED" pockets for the mirrors and the antenna is to close to get it through the grommet I put in for it. May want to find a cover not so "fitted".

bill

billharr said:
I have a cover for my truck, have not used in over 3 years because the camper is on most of the time. I am thinking about cutting it just behind the cab to keep the cab clean and out of the sun. Could use a flat tarp to go over the camper or have one fitted. This would be a 2 piece unit. I have seen pop up trailer covers used to cover the camper. may want to look at one of those.

Note PITA to take the antenna off each time I use the truck cover. Mine has "FITTED" pockets for the mirrors and the antenna is to close to get it through the grommet I put in for it. May want to find a cover not so "fitted".

bill
Bill I have been using a "brown"tarp for the truck and a heavy duty silver one for the camper.I have cut out a square for my solar panel,so it charges both the truck and camper battery.My rig is only used to camp.
The tarps keep most of the junk off including the sap from the trees.
Frank

Frank
Do u have a photo of how your combo looks all covered up ?

Bill
Thanks for the heads up about the antenna. I'd not thought of it at all. I'll probably look into removing the antenna all together. I do like the ideas of buying a truck cover and camper cover and just have it stitched up together. Will look into the ideas there.
Thanks a lot! Do keep the ideas coming.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Frank
Do u have a photo of how your combo looks all covered up ?

Srileo,I'll post a photo soon.
Frank
Srileo,here are some pictures.It's not the "prettiest cover but it does the job.
I have cut out for my 45w solar panel.My camper stays on the truck full time and not driven much when not camping.I keep the camper and truck battery charged through the solar system.
Has been working well for several years.
Hope this helps.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN4834.jpg
    DSCN4834.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN4835.jpg
    DSCN4835.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN4836.jpg
    DSCN4836.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 155
Frank,
apologies for the very late reply. Thanks for the photos. Thats a pretty low tech approach with the tarp, but if it works for you, it will certainly work for me. I'll go get a set of bungee cords tomorrow and see about protecting the camper. The truck should be easy. i can even yank the antenna off altogether if it comes to it.

I got a cover for a 21' Class C motorhome thinking I'd cover mine when not in use and have never used it and probably never will. You're welcome to come down to San Jose and give it a try. If it work and you like it a $100 and it's yours.

srileo said:
Frank,
apologies for the very late reply. Thanks for the photos. Thats a pretty low tech approach with the tarp, but if it works for you, it will certainly work for me. I'll go get a set of bungee cords tomorrow and see about protecting the camper. The truck should be easy. i can even yank the antenna off altogether if it comes to it.
The antenna should just unscrew.
The tarps work for me.I hear the store bought covers are big $$$$,and don't last very long.
Frank

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom