fake wood finish is peeling off! Plus - moldy bi-fold.

hpcbmw

Advanced Member
My 1997 Granby is in pretty good shape, but the damn fake wood finish is peeling off in random spots. Are people scraping it all off and repainting? putting a clear coat over it to keep it in place? Covering it all up with woodgrain sticky stuff or wallpaper?

I had a roof leak, so also have some mold that stained the bifold at the front of the camper (over the bed). I'm pretty bummed about this because the prior owner had it updated at FWC and it is in great shape, but now it's all discolored form the mold. I'm planning on painting over it with paint with the anti mold stuff added to it. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks for any ideas!

Find out if the mold is from water leaks or condensation. I keep up with condensation with a fan that circulates air 24/7 and a couple containers of Damp Rid. Some owners also raise the mattress up to ventilate. My Hawk used to leak when driving in heavy rain, rubber seal along the front of camper had lost shape and was not sealing. I installed a length of vacuum line into the hollow section to reshape it. No more leaks. Wipe down the Bi Fold with 10% bleach solution to kill the mold and let thoroughly dry before painting.

Back
Top Bottom