Fall in NM

Scootr74

Listen loud and eat often
Ok, so my first "real" experience "using" my camper. Up until this point I had been limited to quick weekend trips to the desert.

Plan was to drive from sunny San Diego to Las Cruces on the Friday night before T-day then to Iron Creek Saturday to meet a friend and her dog (45 minutes East of Silver City, NM) for 4 days - never been there just knew it "might" be cold...

Drive went well - tested a neat trick on keeping the camper battery charged - ran a pigtail from the 7pin trailer connection into the camper - works well, for a $20 fix.

Weather was clear and cool - the final morning I was getting an exterior reading of 28 degrees (F) and there was ice in my collapible gray water tank...

PB250050.jpg

PB250054.jpg

PB240031.jpg

PB220021.jpg

Also took a side trip to The City of Rocks... Didn't stay - kinda think I should have - if only for 1 night...
PB280072.jpg

PB280088.jpg

PB280073.jpg

Oh, here's one of the dog - he gets to sleep in one of my old sleeping bags.
PB240036.jpg

Everything went fairly well until the drive back. My alternator began to stop charging (for the 4th time) so I had to stop and get yet another replacement (lifetime Autozone warranty - will look into additional problems ie. battery cables). In any case... Loved every bit of it.

DLN - Pics...

I used Photobucket and used the image link. Copied the links and separated them in the "text body" by an extra "return" space.

Great pics!

Everything went fairly well until the drive back. My alternator began to stop charging (for the 4th time) so I had to stop and get yet another replacement (lifetime Autozone warranty - will look into additional problems ie. battery cables).

I worked my way through school as a pizza boy. My experience was an OEM alternator or starter from the junkyard lasted longer than an Autozone/Checker/etc. The junkyard also charged much, much less for the part. The same price as the parts people charged for cores.

I remember getting into an argument with a Pep Boys parts guy when my starter wasn't working on the car, but worked on the test bench (the problem was heat related, no way you could find the problem on the bench). My frustration level was high with this being maybe the 3rd time I'd swapped the part in 6 months. They wouldn't exchange, so I demanded and got a refund for the part (around $150) and a core to boot. Went to the import yard and got an OEM for $25. The OEM part lasted at least 2 more years.

Love the pics!

Back
Top Bottom