Fan-tastic Fantastic Fan Customer Service (not good)

kmcintyre

I have the top of the line fan-tastic fan (auto, 10 speed, etc.) and the frame around the top cracked. The company claims that because I didn't have the right amount of caulk/sealant around the frame (which I do) they won't cover it.

Lousy customer service there folks!!!!! I know a lot of people have had a good experience and that's why I paid extra for it, but they didn't do me any favors.

More to this now....

I've attached a photo fantastic sent me stating this is how they think the fan is suppose to be sealed and why they wouldn't cover it. In the installation guide it states to put a 1/4" bead around the frame. See any issues? I sure do.

Attachments

• fan.gif
    fan.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 208
Howdy

They sure are gonna pay for all the negative comments they get !

I never understand why some large companies refuse customer service....for the relatively few callbacks they get.

I wish you better luck....perhaps thru the retailer where you bought it ?

David Graves

DavidGraves said:
Howdy

They sure are gonna pay for all the negative comments they get !

I never understand why some large companies refuse customer service....for the relatively few callbacks they get.

I wish you better luck....perhaps thru the retailer where you bought it ?

David Graves
We'll see. Last night, after about 5 more e-mails, they said if I could provide proof of purchase (it's > 3 years old I think and who knows where the receipt is) they would cover it if I paid shipping, but it would not come with any warranty. I stated that I doubt I could find the receipt but was willing to pay the $15. No response yet :) They keep changing the story after I sent them a copy of the installation instructions. < 1 star.

Now my Orvis fishing gear, they get high marks for customer service. They've replaced my rod, reel and waders due to issues. No questions..... > 5 stars

I read, here I think, that the original owners sold the company. The excellent rep the company had was due to the previous owners and not the current owners. Who seem to be the more typical business owner types. Sad day.

Now, after the run around, they said they wouldn't cover it since I didn't have the original receipt. I sent them a copy of the install guide (I found on the web from 1996) and they said they've changed it and I didn't follow the instructions (duh, they changed it since I put it in) and w/o the receipt they wouldn't cover it.

I went through a mound of paper work and found the receipt. I can't find the install guide so if someone has one for a 6600r I'd appreciate it. I sent them the receipt and can't wait to see what the excuse is now!

They sold the company to Atwood btw.

Yep just called and ordered 2 new smoke covers for my vents. I asked about ordering a new Atwood LP/Co detector while on line and was basically blown off on that. Told to have it checked by a dealer. I ordered it online.

After about 10 - 12 emails looks like they are going to send a replacement.... I had to find my receipt and they won't guarantee this one. I'd now give them 2 stars as they ran me through the hoops and clearly, tried to make it sound like I didn't install it correctly even though I followed their instructions at the time (not the new version they said I should have followed :) ).

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Glad it has worked out for you.
Bad customer service is just bad business.
Frank
Persistence pays off. Luckily I'm retired so I can "fight" these things more than most people.

Another "follow up" on this thread. It may or may not help others.

I received my replacement fan and all was good except there was no installation instructions so I contacted Atwood (they bought fantastic). Atwood sent me the install instructions and they are exactly the same as I had. Nothing has changed. The picture above isn't in the installation guide so I'm not sure where or why they wouldn't cover my fan because I didn't install it like the photo! Confused, I did another round of multiple e-mails with them.

More e-mail, etc. and eventually I called them. After 15mins on the phone with the customer service rep., nothing. They don't get the flaw in their installation instructions, etc. They still maintain that it was installed incorrectly. I have a new fan w/o any warantee which is ok but if it fails again, I'm out of luck. I'm not impressed with their customer service despite that they claim to care about the customer, etc.

<rant off> :)

Yep, Been a month and I am still waiting for customer service to call me back on the proper type of wire to run to the remote, as they didn't include one in the box. I have since found the answer by looking through ebay fans to see what they included.

I cracked the plastic cover over the vent knob mechanism. Managed to email customer service and amazingly got a reply. Alas, I was hoping for them to just send me a replacement part but no luck.

They did refer me to a parts retailer who would sell me the part for $6.95 and $10.00 shipping. I called and asked if they could charge less shipping but no. The lady was very nice about it. http://www.dyersonline.com/

I couldn't bring myself to spend $16.95 for a $.10 plastic part so I fixed it myself (sorta).

In the old days I think they would've just sent the part. The fan retails for over $240 after all. I know everyone's got to make a living, but I do miss the days of super customer service.

I am getting old, aren't I...

takesiteasy said:
I cracked the plastic cover over the vent knob mechanism. Managed to email customer service and amazingly got a reply. Alas, I was hoping for them to just send me a replacement part but no luck.

They did refer me to a parts retailer who would sell me the part for $6.95 and $10.00 shipping. I called and asked if they could charge less shipping but no. The lady was very nice about it. http://www.dyersonline.com/

I couldn't bring myself to spend $16.95 for a $.10 plastic part so I fixed it myself (sorta).

In the old days I think they would've just sent the part. The fan retails for over $240 after all. I know everyone's got to make a living, but I do miss the days of super customer service.

I am getting old, aren't I...
When you find good customer service, it really pays off. For some reason, the fishing industry has excellent customer service. I have had nothing but great service from Orvis and Korkers (and they are expensive like the Fantastic Fans so you think they'd step up!).

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom