Favorite Small Town Museum ?

Grand Encampment Museum in Encampment, Wyoming. Bisbee Mining and Historical Museum in Bisbee, AZ.

rubberlegs said:
We went to a bunch of cool Oregon/California/Mormon trail museums. My wife was researching for her William Lewis Manly book (the hero who rescued the first emigrants who stumbled into Death Valley). There's a list of great museums here, and I hope it's ok to post this because it kinda plugs her book: http://debfoxdesign.com/manlys-pioneer-route-west.shtml
Thanks for the tip. I ordered a copy of your wife's book on Manly. Having read most of the other accounts, I look forward to your wife's take on the story.

She did a huge amount of research, and visited as much of the route as possible. Some of it is inaccessible due to military areas. Our Four Wheel Camper came in handy. It was a lot of fun visiting the terrain they travelled over 170 years ago. Any excuse for a trip but this was a real treat. I'll have her sign the book.

Any small town museum along the Oregon Coast, Newport, Banding, etc. Between the rich history of logging, gold, and fishing there is a ton of really interesting items and information in each town. Small enough to really visit the displays, rich enough to make you linger and read each one.

Back
Top Bottom