Fifth wheels

bobg333

I hope I picked the right forum for my question.
Some of you may remember me. I am a former Baja-traveling, proud Grandby owner who sold the Grandby to Scott Carroll in 2011. After a couple of years of overseas travel, my wife is ready again for "camping." We're probably not going to do the north road to Comandu again, so we're thinking about a small 5th wheel (can I say that here?). We still have the Dodge CTD so we can pull most anything, but we'd like to go on the small side and most of what I see advertised is too big for two-people. Does anybody have recommendations for small 5th-wheels? I know nothing about them, so anything will be appreciated.

Best Wishes, Bob

Not really. Go to RV shows. Subscribe to trailer life and let me know what you come up with. I figure some day when I can't climb into the camper anymore I'll probably go the same way.

Check out Escape Trailers for a molded fiberglass 5th wheel. They are located outside of Vancouver, BC. A friend of mine is researching small, lightweight trailers and told me this companies products were rated highly. They have one of the smallest 5th wheels I have ever seen. It's my understanding that these units are very sturdy for off pavement travel and solidly built compared to the large "stick built" boxes. Also, less prone to leaking. I don't have personal experience with them however. I've thought that if I ever cut loose from my "vintage" Airstream Trailer, I'd consider one of the Escape products. Definately, more affordable than a new Airstream. I currently also have a Grandby Shell on my Ford. Good luck.

http://www.escapetrailer.com/Products/Escape50.aspx

TK

Thanks for the tips. The Escape looks like a good step up from a FWC.

Back
Top Bottom