Finally found Cody Lake

craig333

Riley's Human
Just made a quick overnighter. Still missed it on the first try. Surprising how many people were out on a Tuesday.

Very little signage out there but a quick peak at the map and I figured it out. More on the map later.
Riley enjoyed the short hike.

And a drink from the lake.

Doesn't look like the Scouts use the cabins anymore.
One guy had a float tube but said the fishing was poor.

Campfires are of course prohibited but this is the first time I've run across these at most of the easily accessible rings. Of course someone had a campfire anyway. I heard on the radio they were arrested. Now I'm guessing that was for warrants or something not just a campfire. If you have something they want to arrest you for you probably shouldn't call attention to yourself with a campfire.

I was even able to check in to the Tuesday night K6IS net.

We also took a little ride down Long Canyon. Truck wouldn't have fit under one of the trees.

I was looking on the map for a road going up Bark Shanty Canyon. Nothing on the map yet as we neared the Silver Fork road there is the turn and the wood sign announcing three miles to the Packsaddle pass road. Still in good shape and I have no clue why its left off the map.
The Caldor fire remains look much worse from the Mormon Emigrant Trail and the logging truck traffic was heavy. Weather was gorgeous and I'd have stayed longer if I didn't have to go to my Dad's tomorrow and remove a door.

Craig, thanks for the photos of that area, as we've not been in that way since the Caldor Fire. Also, thanks for documenting, again, how absolutely careless people are with campfires.

Back
Top Bottom