Fishing Help

chnlisle

Post Master
I'm not the fisherPerson in the family Pam is. We're headed up to the White Mountains Thursday for a few days. My info is the brownies, cutthroats and rainbows are jump'n. During our move to The Pueblo we lost Pam's light tackle. I know she will want to try her luck at what ever lake we end up. So I need your help. I would like to surprise her with a new rod and reel before we leave and haven't a clue what I should get her. Its a cinch her surf tackle wont work so what should I get? If it means anything none of the lakes up there allow live bait.

Come on guys make me a hero.

I dunno, depends on her fishing style....

Also, never seen anybody turn down a shopping spree at Cabela's before......

good luck.

dave

Let me get this straight...

Pam names a squirrel hunting snake, enjoys fishing - even though her light tackle was lost in the move, and she doesn't think you're funny? I wish I could draw a "smily" to convey my wonder, awe and mirth at your predicament. Life sounds interesting at Tucson By The Sea.;)

I Know The Answer

Mr. Pueblo, this is what you need Reel -Shimano Spirex 1000re Rod Shimano CSS-70UL-2 Fast action 7' load the reel with 6#or8# mono. buy good quality line, total cost should be in the 125.00 range. DON'T CATCH ANY WITH MY NAME ON EM'

Unless she's into fly fishing...

If she's into fly fishing...With trout and the like, you'll want to stick with a 4 or 5 wt 8'6" or 9' rod. Match a reel with that and Floating line, and 20# backing. My wife prefers a 9' / 5 wt / 4 piece. Medium Fast Action. You can spend nothing all the way to buying a new vehicle for these things. Really cant go wrong with TFO. Okuma is making some decent stuff lately. (as evident with a selection of their rods I'm testing). And of course the grand daddies of them all... Sage or Scott. Okuma and Redington make nice little combo kits. Just food for thought.

Joe
-----------------------------------------
2004 Sportsmobile 4x4 E350
1978 Jeep CJ5
http://www.raymoo.com
http://www.fishmako.com

Thanks Joe but I think we'll stick to spinning tackle. I would like to learn to fly fish some day. I've been told it has nothing to do with fishing. Very zen. Welcome to the forum. Nice rig and family...oops Family and rig. You live in a terrific area we looked up there before moving to Tucson.

Fly Rods

I assumed you wanted a spinning outfit, If you're into fly fishing, take a look a G -Loomis, why, because Gary Loomis makes very good rods, then he takes a good portion of his profits and puts it into habitat restoration. So if you were a guy or girl who liked to fish for salmon or steelhead, you can because of people like Gary Loomis. Support the people who give back.

Oh yah... G. Loomis makes incredible rods (Some of my favorite rods... but don't tell anybody)

Cabelas and BassPro are up in Phoenix. We dont have much here. WalMart and Big 5. I didn't have time to get anything great so I picked up a little combo for $40 this AM at Big 5. The great thing about Pam is she appreciates any thing I give her. As far as fishing goes she enjoys the process and hooking one is just a bonus.

A Few Bites

I hope she get's knawed on good while you're were ever you're going. If I was there, she would catch some fish. GOOD LUCK

Back
Top Bottom