Fitting 2010 Hawk on 2012 Ford F250

agate

Advanced Member
I am very close to getting a new 2012 F250. I think, from what I have read, that I need to build a platform under the Hawk to clear the rails. This truck has those lights on the top of cab, is that an issue? I assume, just build the platform to clear those? Anyone ever done this before? What is the dimensions of your platform and what clearances do you have?

I appreciate the help

I think a lot of people are simply buying a couple sheets of foam board from Home Depot or Lowes to raise their camper height. It's cheap, light and even adds a little insulation. The marker lights on the cab are only an inch and a half tall or so, you'd want a little more than that anyways for frame flex.

From couple of weeks ago:

Many just use foam Insulation:
"The high density foam board has tremendous PSI capacity and weighs next to nothing. It makes ZERO sense to me to haul around extra lumber. I have been using the same 4 pieces for 5 years with zero compression. It also makes a great loading aid; I have a piece of tape on the center of the front of my TC and the foam is 2x8 so it has a nice center line to load with. My only regret is buying the pink stuff from H Depot when I could have had blue from Lowe's. It really does not need to be complicated."

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26696184.cfm
and
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7364/

Thanks very much. I think I will try that foam board, looks light and works! I tried searching the site, but found little that was current. Of course I knew as soon as I chimed in someone would have found a recent thread....
Now to get the truck tomorrow. Need to figure out the eye bolts and plug-in, but that seemed easy compared to building a platform! The foam now seems the easiest and I need to switch up and figure out the other tasks. Never ends, but it is fun to think about the future of camping soon.

Back
Top Bottom