Flatbed

RisingSun

How much are these?
Recently I switched my truck from Dodge to Chevy. My bad I did not measure the bed size. My granby won't fit unless I trim one inch both side.
Start preparing for the camper mod, then watched YouTube video about Australian guys built truck for overland and most of them have aluminum flatbed. Looks good and I like the idea of more outdoor storage.

If reasonable, I may just get a flatbed instead of modifying my camper.

How much are these? $2000? $5000?
If you already have flatbed, do you like it ?
I live in Seattle area, does anyone know good dealer sells flatbed?
I could not find any on Craigslist.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi,
You are sure to get a lot of opinions on this, most folks go with aluminum. Ute beds are very popular. Some go custom/build them themselves. I went with Protech. Believe they are made in WA, had it made to my specs( 7wx9L). Went with aluminum to save weight, I had mine sprayed with bed-liner, partly to keep it from getting worked over in the winter, and yes partly because I was going for a certain look.
I love flat-beds, so much easier to work out/off of. ATC is building my camper as we speak(I hope). Know a few guys that put regular slide in campers on flatbeds.
Costs vary greatly, would think you are going to have to spend 3.5 k to get into a aluminum bed at a minimum. Mine was fairly expensive, but I wanted it a certain way.
Most flatbed folks love them.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom