Fleet storage platform build

badtoytrd

VA...for hopefully a short period of time...with W
When I brought my Fleet home from my Dad's garage to do some maintenance this spring I knew I was going to need to build a platform to roll it in and out of my garage because it was too high to back it in. I searched and search and could not find any measurements so I used the FWC length measurement online and then took the width measurement from my bed bars. That measurement ended up being 39"W x 80"L. I wish that I had built it a few inches shorter so I could have removed the trim without putting it up on the jacks. I used 4x4s for the ends and middle and 2x4s in between. For the wheels, I used some Harbor Freight 8" rubber casters (fixed on one end and swivel on the other. I also drilled 2 grab holes in the bottom so that it is easy for 2 people to move.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_3611.JPG
IMG_3614.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG

looks good. I built one for my Eagle and used it for years. I though have dirt driveway and it was a pain after it was pulled out of the garage or worse getting it in. ......... so I bought a used wagon and now that's where it is ....sitting in the barn and then rolled out and put wherever .... There is a photo just put on the Random photos thread last week. works for me ..... If I had a paved driveway I would have been completely satisfied with the platform.... 4x4's are the best.

Back
Top Bottom