Forum Etiquette

banderswipe

Hi all, is there a forum etiquette section on wander the west. For some of us Noobs this is our first forum especially us older geezers and it would be nice to know there is somewhere to look for the do's and dont's before we plant both feet firmly in our mouths.
Thanks,
Kevin.(aka, banderswipe.)

Don't know of a etiquette section here, but it works to keep religion and politics out of the posts. Folks that are quick to criticize others get wearisome, too. This forum seems to consist of helpful folks who share an interest in camping in out of the way places and writing it up. Guess that is the 'etiquette'.

These are the the not so official guidelines:

1. No politics
2. Be polite and respectful
3. Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

I just made that up but I think it covers it :)

Thanks guys, I agree entirely with your comments. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.I guess there is no etiquette section except for the one that DD just made up.I have a specific question, whats the etiquette when using Links to other camper forums?

Thanks,
Kevin.

About the only things that miff me a tad and all I do is point it out when it happens is when someone asks a question w/o obviously looking at the forum first (ie ask the same question that was just asked a week before and if they took a half second they'd see it) because I think its insulting in that it projects their time is more valuable than the rest of ours. Or when someone again posts w/o even bothering to read the forum for a half second like the dude who posted his camper for sale in the FWC forum right under neath DD's pinned thread "Please Post Campers For Sale In Gear Forum.", again that just comes off as insulting.

Outside that its pretty laid back in my mind. ;)

Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

Well said and good quick thinking on your feet DD!

I can't believe you forgot the number one rule. Its rude to post trip reports without pics. And yes, I've been guilty of that myself. I promise to rectify that in the future.

Thanks guys, I agree entirely with your comments. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.I guess there is no etiquette section except for the one that DD just made up.I have a specific question, whats the etiquette when using Links to other camper forums?

Thanks,
Kevin.

I don't think we have ever had a problem with posting links to other sites.

3. Pretend like the conversation you are in is at the dinner table with your family and behave accordingly

Well...I think that depends on the family. :oops: I find it easier to bite my tongue with my friends than with my family. ;)
But I get the point. :)

Thanks DD I think you answered my question but I am not sure wether Pods8 is mad at me or someone else.
Cheers guys may confusion rise when all else fails.
Kevin.

Thanks DD I think you answered my question but I am not sure wether Pods8 is mad at me or someone else.
Cheers guys may confusion rise when all else fails.
Kevin.

No bud you are all good in my one man book! ;)

I was just stating my personal opinion on etiquette that I've seen people do at times. (Someone new literally posted their rig for sale in an area of the forum right under where DD had a pinned thread saying not to post them right there, sorta insulting to the forum in my book).

Hi Pods8, thanks for clearing that up. If I get a chance to come out west we will drink a toast to ignorance,for it gives us something else to complain about other than the weather.
Cheers Pods8,
Kevin.

Back
Top Bottom