Fou r Wheel Keystone is not level on F250

hpcbmw

Advanced Member
I've got a 1980's 4 Wheel Keystone (9') mounted on a 2000 f250 extended cab, shortbed. This is not the ideal truck/camper combo, as the camper goes beyond the tailgate by a couple inches, but it's what I've got to work with. I had to put 2" of foam and plywood in the bed to clear 5th wheel rails, but now the camper seems to sag in the truck. The distance between the bedrail in the front of the truck is about 1" more then the bedrail to the camper at the back of the truck. I'm not sure if the truck bed is uneven, or if the foam is compressing. I'm using a couple layers of 1" thermal foam from Home Depot (the very firm insulation foam). When I remove the camper, the foam does not seem to be squished at all.

Anybody else have this issue?

Pics would be helpful.

Have you measured the overall dim's of the camper? Like the bottom to the bed rail overhang, front and rear.
I would start with some before (mounting) and after (mounting) measurements and find out exactly where (and when) the difference is occurring.

2" of foam seems to be a lot however, others use 1" without any problem. Maybe it is compressing.

DR

Check the bed of the truck for level as well (straight 2X4 across the bedrails, measure to the bed).

I use 2" of the foam without any issues on my F250 long bed/8'Grandby . A 9' camper on a shortbed (6.5' or less?) sure would seem to have a lot of camper weight way back there. Might put a big load on the front tie downs.

Here's a picture of the truck/camper. The side rail difference is not that clear, but you can kind of see it.

Attachments

• f250 with camper small size.JPG
    f250 with camper small size.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 179
Mines not either. I was going to fix that when I took it off but the camper looks fine and so does the truck. I have no idea why it sits like that. Doesn't bother me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom