FourWheel Camper Trial Run in Fruita,CO

You'll get the 'routine' down. I always recommend people create a list of things to do until the routine is down. Get out of truck, release buckles, turn on propane, etc., etc. Make sure refrig switch is on propane and not DC. I did that once and it drained the battery but alas my truck batter was fine. Different setup but you know that now.

If something doesn't feel right (pushing the top up) and it's not easy, something is wrong.

Great start! I have loved getting to know the camper, creating 'rituals' for the latches, and spending lots of time while camping changing up the inside and adding and subtracting storage containers etc. So much fun!

Looking forward to more posts! But keep that killer dog away from chickens! :)

Small thing..I have a 4x6" card with "Roof latches and Close Vents" that goes on my dash in front of my instruments panel each time we stop to set up camp....plus my Bride walks around the Hawk after I release latches prior to pushing top up and after I close the top to assure that ALL the latches have been opened or closed...Yup, she has found open and not opened latches even after I did a 'walk-around'....one latch can make all the difference in damaging or not damaging the structure of the top..

Phil

Yes, I have a laminated complete listing of procedures for setting up and taking down the Hawk but due to the 4x6" card, and of course my Bride's keen eye, we have averted serious errors that could really screw up the Hawk.

Nice write up by NS70...fun to read

Quite a fun write up on the new camper, the learning curve, humility, and the spawn of Satan. I really enjoyed it, thank you. Now I like Fruita, CO more than ever. :)

Great write-up- very entertaining. I should take some of the checklist advice people are giving you, haha.

I really enjoyed this write up and your writing style--very entertaining. Looking forward to more...

Wow guys! thank you so much. Not ever one to put it "out there" on the internet. there is usually one person (we know who you are, everybody has one friend in the group...and if you dont have one it's probably YOU hah) that will just be a reall jerk. My fragile ego can't handle it!.
Sorry the writing style is sorta all over the place and my grammar and use of parenthesis is enough to make ee cummins (cummings?) roll over in his grave, but i'm so glad I can at least entertain you, or at least give you a chuckle and a "yup, I've done that" moment.

Neversummer70 - that is one of the big reasons I like WtW over some of the other campering forums I'm subscribed to - (knock on wood) I've yet to see "that one person" post. This is a wonderfully supportive and real community feel forum.

I think ee cummings would applaud your efforts :D

Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for your write up neversummer70. Yes very fun read on real world experiences. Did devil dog return?
Russ

CougarCouple said:
Thanks for your write up neversummer70. Yes very fun read on real world experiences. Did devil dog return?
Russ
yes he came strolling back into the campsite (like i told her he would!) at like 7am.. she was miserable. but we still got her out on the bike and all was forgotten, until he attacked our other friends puppy. DIE DEMON DOG!

fun read... I too have gotten so excited I forget the latches... And don't forget to get a 5 gallon bucket for your grey water hose!!!!
I found out the hard way that "no-see-ums" can actually fly through the regular "mosquito" net/screens.... millions of them... so I made velcro edged ones to go over the regular ones.... learning up from experience makes a really good imprint on the "gotta do" list. I too have those 3x5 index cards!!! And I must say....I have been on other web sites and it is true what was said above.... folks here have opinions and help... and a real good attitude.... there is a camaraderie that comes from venturing off the beaten path. Go forth and tread lightly!!!!

Back
Top Bottom